Thursday, July 14, 2011

Day Two

As I am sure many of you know my family & I have gone to Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania to try out for American Idol 2011 at the Heniz Field. In my other blog "living to learn" I explained how it all came about {see blog post "The Deal", if not}. 

Here is a journal of my experience in this new journey, it may be a little more detailed then the Facebook post, if not- at least its a personal record of where God is taking me & the people around me...

Day Two 

Well the hotel phone rang at 4:10 a.m..WAKE UP CALL... we decided to wait a bit longer til 5 a.m to get up and get ready. By 6:10 a.m we were out of the hotel on our way to down town. 

As a quick side note let me just say GPS SUCK! It got all confused in the city streets sending us down the wrong road. Instead of "recalculating" it just said turn right turn left.... before you know it we are up the side of a mountain, in a neighborhood, at a dead end. DUMB THING 

Because of the lack of intelligence the GPS gave we ended up not getting to Heinz field til 7. 6 miles in 45 minuets, so annoying! 

We asked the security which way and he pointed us to entrance A. Literally we saw a few groups of people and that was it! NO lines, no waiting. We entered into gate A and walked right up to a registration table. They asked for my I.D., my age, handed me three papers {fill out "life story" and read the What do/ don't bring, and what happens the following day }, handed us two tickets for tomorrow, gave me a wrist band and my mom {guest} a wrist band. It took us all of two minuets.. So we called Dad back to come and get us. It literally took longer for him to turn around then it did for us to register! SO ODD! 

As we waited for Dad we spoke with one of the security guards {you know for all the crowds pppshp}. He said that the crowds all came yesterday. 

Once back at the hotel we found another Spring Hill Suites in Downtown. It was at the end of the road we will be lining up for auditions. It was a perfect deal. We packed up and headed back to Downtown. 

At the hotel we are on the 9th floor and have a killer view of the city! We saw a guy who is famous from "So You Think You Can Dance", his name...Sex. No, I'm not being crud, that its his "Stage Name". As you can guess he isn't famous for winning SYTYCD. He has auditioned four times! We are assuming he is here for American Idol.. but we will only find out tomorrow. 

We also talked to a cleaning lady from the hotel. She said that yesterday the crowds were bad around 5 and 6 a.m but they got in and out real quick and it was light traffic in and out of the field for the rest of the day. Everyone is predicting about 8,000 people for auditions, rather then 20,000! 

I spent the rest of the day in the hotel room sleeping and practicing. The family went out to Pittsburgh attractions.  I joined them for dinner later. Once we were all back in the room we heard people in the room next door singing and critiquing each other. One was decent, the other was...not so good. So I decided to show them what "the other side of the wall holds".. they went silent and pounded on the wall a few times...oops? :) 

Tomorrow holds another 4 a.m wake up call, in line by 5 a.m and who knows from there. The paper says that audition times have not been announced, it's up to them when to start, but it is suggested to be in line by 5 a.m. We don't have to scramble for a spot because it all according to my ticket when I go. Of course we will find out more tomorrow, and if i still have energy I will blog. 

Thanks for all the encouraging notes and support. I pray I have good new to share with you all very soon!

Love Cayla 


No comments:

Post a Comment